This function is disabled!

============================================================

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Minion Kid Costume for Trick or Treat 2013

For the past two Halloween, I was the one who decided on what will be my son's costume for Trick or Treat. This time since he is already 2 years and 10 months old, I tried to get his preference as he might refuse to wear my chosen costume. I asked him if he wanted to be a Zombie as he is fond of watching me play Plants Vs. Zombies 2 or Minion as it is his favorite movie character. He replied without skipping a beat, "Minion" and so began my search for a minion costume.
I haven't seen any ready made costume on department stores so I resorted to online search. I found minion crochet beanies so I asked Kulay's Godmother, Ailyn to make me one.

Then I remembered that Kulay has a denim jumper so I only lacked long sleeved yellow shirt. I looked for plain ones at the department stores but most are big in size and only short sleeves are available. I was decided to let him wear his yellow polo shirt but then I found a Cotton On long sleeved yellow shirt and it is on sale, perfect!

So this was our Trick or Treat ensemble , i forgot about the black gloves though. Good thing my son wore it without a fuss.

We arrived late at Abreeza mall and most stores run out of candies already. I was happy that people were able to recognize Kulay's costume. They would point to him and say "look there's a minion". One kid even sang "ba ba banana" when he saw kulay. Kulay was very much game while trick or treating around the mall and would say on his own "Trick or Treat" and "Thank You" after. However he wants to eat the candies and would ask me to carry him when he is tired. He also demanded to ride the train and play with the slides.

My husband though injured accompanies us though he just sat down at Starbucks and waited for us to finish.

(L)This are what's left of his candies when we got home...he ate most of it while trick or treating.(R) Showing that his teeth are still okay.

 I believe Kulay was happy with the experience and I still plan to join again next year with our little baby. I am already searching for sibling costumes LOLs

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...