This function is disabled!

============================================================

Saturday, November 7, 2015

My First Escape Room Experience

I am a huge fan of puzzles and mysteries. I love reading Nancy Drew, Sherlock Holmes and other detective novels. I also love to watch mystery movies and crime series like CSI, Sherlock and etc. I love listening to mysterious songs too! Okay the last line is an exaggeration.

Ever since I've heard of live Escape rooms in Manila I've always wanted to go. Escape Room games are live adventure wherein players are locked inside a room and they have to observe and use the things inside the room to  find clues and hidden objects,  solve puzzles and escape the room within a set limit time.

When I've heard that one will be opening in Davao, I didn't pass up the chance to visit it when they invited Davao Bloggers to try it out. 
 
Excited to Channel Sherlock Holmes and oh that's my husband on the mirror


There are 3 rooms which are Lucila's curse, Secret Agents on a Mission and  Murder at Apartment 999.

Your team which is composed of a maximum of 6 members will be given an hour to escape the room. When your time is up and you still haven't escaped the room then your doomed  you will automatically be let out of the room.

Before entering the room there will be a game master assigned to brief you on your task. The game master will also accompany your team inside the room but will only observe and not participate. 

There are three levels of difficulty, Houdini, Difficult and Easy. Houdini level means no clue, Difficult level gives you two clues and Easy level gives you five. The clues will be given by the game master but you have to ask for the right questions first thus each question should be carefully thought of. You can have a chance to downgrade your level once inside the room. Only those who chose Houdini level will have a chance to be featured in the leader board.

So here's our escape experience, there are four members in our team namely my husband, Lovely and Mickey. 

 
We came, we lost but we had fun!

We chose to be detectives and solve the Murder at Apartment 999. We also chose the Houdini level but after a few minutes we downgraded to difficult and after more minutes we downgraded to easy but still we failed to escape the room *sigh* I felt disappointed with myself but I am very challenged to try it again soon and hopefully be able to escape in time.

MysterEscape

Location: Mezzanine floor of Adelfa Building,
Km.6 J.P Laurel Avenue, Lanang, Davao City, Philippines 


Operating Hours: 1:00 PM to 9:00 PM on Wednesdays to Sundays Tuesdays 

Website: http://www.mysterescape.com

Facebook Page: MysterEscape

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...