This function is disabled!

============================================================

Sunday, December 13, 2015

The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf Holiday Launch 2015

Last November 7, 2015 we were invited to the launch of The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf at their branch at SM Lanang. It is their first time to have a Holiday launch at Davao and it was truly an enriching experience. 

They launched the 2015 Giving Journal (you may check how to get it here) and we also had a Watercolor Lettering Session with April San Pedro, the crafter behind I Am Artisan blog.

I was very much interested to learn because I have such bad hand writing and I wanted to turn it into an art. Lettering and Calligraphy is becoming a popular hobby nowadays because it makes great decoration and gifts.

April taught us to practice the drills first which I think I did pretty well based on my seriousness to learn haha
Then we learned about the cursive and print fonts and the most important lesson of all is to "give your work some personality based on your own style". Then we were given a card where we should write using watercolor lettering our power word for 2016. In addition we cam embellish our cards with Fujifilm Instax Photo Prints which I think gives it more personal flavor.


I will not show my actual work because it is so blah. I forgot that you cannot erase watercolor and my letters were so cramped. My power word is "Australia '16" because I plan to visit it next year.

After the session we had some raffles and they all gave us the Giving Journal and I got to choose my favorite color Purple! I am so happy and excited to use the journal and plan to fill it with not just with words but with Fujifilm Instax Prints to capture those memorable moments that I'm gonna have next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...